Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reviewing the Magazine and how it Went


In reviewing the week for work to do with the magazine, the understanding of how to work in a cohesive environment is paramount. I realised that given that I was only a photographer my work still didn't finish there. I also realised that the more you worked with a program the more you became familiar with the ins and outs of the programmes. I saw the skills of my colleagues blossum. It was fortunate that she had the software to work on the magazine as she had done really well to achieve all the layout wishes and wants of the team. Given that other commitments also play a part on our study life that she was able to stick to her commitments and still achieve a good outcome of putting the magazine together. She did really well. I'm pleased that the magazine turned out the way it did and that we were all able to compromise to come to an agreement to a great looking magazine. Given that I could have done alot of the work myself and made more technical changes I thought not to worry as I had done my job and not to try and do others work. So the magazine although hard in team nature it was a good exercise enjoyable but realised the uniqueness of team cohesion.

3 comments:

  1. Nik
    I appreciate your honesty, the effort you have obviously put in to both your magazine project and your blog (which is looking fantastic by the way), and the way that you have responded to the challenges of the team environment. I really is hard to just step back and let others do stuff on your behalf. I commend you for your ability to do so!
    d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the replies, yes the reviews will be honest ones. As I'm terribly good at lieing or emphasising alot of air. Thanks for the comments though. Apologies for the Maori comments I should try and write more in English

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the replies, yes the reviews will be honest ones. As I'm not terribly good at lieing or emphasising alot of air. Thanks for the comments though. Apologies for the Maori comments I should try and write more in English

    ReplyDelete