Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wiki Tua Ono - Audio Story mahi due






You know I'm really enjoying my mahi at MIT and love my course. Time just seems to fly. Despite some serious raru at home and lack of focus I'm enjoying the course. Here are some field notes:



Koroneihana



Sitting at the koroneihana hasn’t been such a great success in planning and preparation. I can tell you this much it has been a learning lesson and with everything that you’re taught you say yes I’m going to do it, pë rä hoki engari kaore ahau e whakarongo. Didn’t check the video cam didn’t check the batteries to put stuff in my bag too busy trying to clean the house still. There is something seriously wrong with me not getting ready 4 my mahi ne ra. Not puttng stuff in my bag too get ready. The thought of giving up shit too get this one thing right aye! Anyway got my interview although I still would have loved to do more of a radio interview with people. I have 2 interviewees so far. But my lack of organization leaves a lot to be desired. I’m here sitting at the media centre at Tü rangawaewae and man there is some serious power tripping going on here, bit scary personally so I’m sitting outside. I hear the kairipoata for a Maori radio station giving her feedback on the river claim which may be settled tomorrow day. A big pick up for those in the media industry. I may have to ask a few question s and try and get the inside word.
Have now moved inside the media centre, ha funny that with all the professionals in here, they all doing their work and discussing who has what and shooting the speech now soon. I’m sitting at the other end of the table from Amohaere Houkapou and Renee Kahukura and they have a translator or a scriptwriter helping them out. Funny I thought they had 2 cut and paste everything themselves. Seeing it as it happens with the radio on and listening 2 the mihi of the paepae ka rawe. The girls have joined me now and they are all sitting out on the verandah.
Te korero a Te Anga start on his speech then go from there, maybe I should just make this the last. The other one needs to be done by 7pm or half past 6pm. Moko Tini is constantly working and looking after all the journalists she is a good host. I’ll be glad 2 have her represent Tainui hearty. She is a real mum and a good host too. Girls have gone and at the moment I can hear the Tongan representative speak on the paepae, you can definitely tell a Islander’s korero.



Post Koroneihana



I thought that the Koroneihana was a good trip. Although at the time my first fieldtrip it really was hard work, trying not to disturb people and remain invisible is hard work so Yeah! Hard 2 get the pix when people can't see through you. Otherwsie fully enjoyable. Can't wait to hand this aromatawai in.


No comments:

Post a Comment