Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wiki Tua wha - week leading into Mahi Wheako

Well guys the time is nei and this picture of the marae maybe all but a fazey memory before too long. This week has been a long and harrowing one. Two reasons for this
  1. Finishing current work and 2. Finishing off previously due work

I'm pleased to let you know that on both reasons I am now up to date on both. It has been an intensive week in terms of all mahi across the board. Only starting Photoshop last week and going on to further finish our childrens storybook. Very intensive, of which has been as intensive, but considering I think it has been lucky that I have been able to finish all so much around the same time altogther as well as keeping up on the Blog thing here. I think I can because I can and I suppose I find it easy. Whereas the others have other matters to contend with the likes of a social life. Hahha I don't have that problem. For me so far that has never really been a problem, I thank the lord above. Finishing my poupou pakiwaitara, me nga ripoata o te haerenga a Ihenga (our Ihenga reports relating to the full immersion report of our trip to Rotorua) was easy really, I stop to think about why I hadn't handed them in earlier. Weird. Given that I only had a few things to finish it off, I didn't hand them in till late. But the thing too was that I didn't listen properly. I didn't realise there was an item on the assignment that had changed so when it came to finishing them off to the marking schedule not only couldn't I find the marking schedule but there was a clause of the marking schedule that had been mentioned in class that I had not heard and we need not complete anymore. So omg Im thinking if I knew that I might not have panicked so much to have a section done that I didn't need to. Luckily Triani explained that to me that it had verbally been changed during class, but I had missed that instruction.

With all the goings on and the amount of work that needs to be finished there was some korero about some students getting more recognition than others and the fact that KT could'nt stop praising these students. At first I thought yep thats fair enough because I hated being singled out in front of the class. But then I thought about it a little bit more. My thoughts are this. Some students took the bull by the horns and turned the horns and whistles better than the others. So these two "selected" students who obviously made the Bull run crazy and caused a bit of a kafulfel obviously did what they were supposed 2, that is to say filled a gap in the ever wanting world of maori journalists, and performed pretty ok 4 tauira. If it was your appraisal I'm sure you would be happy about your own efforts but since the shoe is on the other foot, what does the latter mean 2u? Have a think about it doll? I'm not spelling it out 4u so u can go about and do it. What I would like to say is "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". Simple as really like what has been said "Get hard, better yet harden up". Yes that got my goat, and if attitude is distasteful in terms of the truth, think of it in this short summary: What you get is what you reap. Some people work hard to get where they get and better yet, they loose sleep over whether they're going to make it in this industry or dither over why they can't be bothered to compete in sport, or make it to the gym or can't be bothered about what their appearance is like anymore, because this work experience thing has gone and got them up in the head seriously, it may mean alot for some people like the life depends on it, their reputation, and a fear of the economic downturn with the possibility of their salesperson dependant income earner may not even have a job in six months time. Now that is something to think about. Seriously, mountain out of molehills, if National gets in all good. If Labour gets in, 5 years before you can be considered any reparation hand out from the government. I liken that argument to some of the pathetic journalists who describe some apathetic writing on Maori and some of the political writers are absolutely boring. Who would actually blog and make a living out of which MP did what and said what so much so that every crook and cranny of a MP is on TV and utterly analysed to the point that you just wish that the elections would hurry up and be over with. Not only do we have to listen to debate boring debate I must add but the US debate as well. Some political writers should try creative writing. Because this week we tried it but I don't think I could be as creative as I wished I could. So I'm going to finish off here and hope that I can come up with some cute ideas to add to my story. I've handed in a copy but I think I might have some time to spice it up again before Hineani gets in on Monday morning. Watch this space..... MTS coming up ... we're moving on up, moving on in, nothing can stop us oh yeh..... (do u no which song I'm singing)

No comments:

Post a Comment