Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tekau Ma Rua - Kura Reo Rataka/My Diary Part 2

Journal for Wednesday 31st September 2008


Woh Wednesday 2nd to last day of Kura. The Kura is taking its toll and I'm finding that at times even though it so upgrading this package, the taumahatanga is bringing me down. Why am I here again. How comes its not sinking in!! It's all about retaining the information and can you use it. I can't make sense of anything and I so want to speak English because I know my Maori is not too hot. It's like don't dear speak Maori its no where up there girlfriend. I have a deep deep fear now of performing mau patu in front of everyone like its your test to pass the wananga. Its terrifying me. I so want to go home. So I've decided to go running in the evenings all good. Me Mihaere, and Hamish but it was all good enjoyed it to the max. But have to let the stress run off you know. I wish I could have had more time to let all the matauranga sink in, I needed to go and whakatau like sit on a mountain and release sort of thing. But nonetheless, cuzzy bro Mana was all good and was a good mate to have to release my concerns too. We ended up going to the soda springs at Rotoma it was beautiful az. So cool though it almost went wrong when we ended up in Te Teko but hey all good. I didn't care I wanted to go home.





Thursday - Yay Last day of Kura


Not only is it the last day but a mixture of feelings, not looking 4wrd to our mau patu, I so can't remember a thing my brain is fried and I think I'm getting the flu. I'm freezing and coming down with the flu, but hei aha its drinks tonight. Still along time to go though til the end. Today we had Hiria. Great teacher and enlightening on her teaching, it was actually a lovely finish to the day. I enjoyed having Hiria. I did learn things new and relearned new things but anyway, it does help too if you have a Maori dictioanry, one thing that we should remember to take to a Wananga. No good translating if you havn't got this ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment